Trout Unlimited's El Dorado Chapter is managed by it's Board of Directors. The Board in turn plans to perform work by using volunteer members organized into committees. Chapter activities have been implemented by the Board. We have identified Chapter Outreach activity which will require broader participation. Members and non members alike are invited to step forward and volunteer for what can be an activity filled year.
The Chapter will establish working groups whose members shall volunteer or be selected by the lead of each group. Members are encouraged to volunteer with the group of their choice.
- MEMBERSHIP - responsible for membership services, membership lists and efforts to recruit and retain members, greet newcomers, and coordinate fishing and angling programs and other activities designed to provide fun and entertainment for members and guests.
- EDUCATION - responsible for community outreach, education programs and youth activities.
- CONSERVATION - responsible for activities and projects in support of Trout Unlimited's conservation agenda.
- OUTREACH - responsible for member notification of events.
- NEWSLETTER - responsible for preparation of periodic newsletters to members.
- WEBSITE - reponsible for the preparation of content, editing and publishing of the web-site.
- FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT - responsible for chapter fundraising to support operations and conservation activity.
- NOMINATING - shall assist the Board of Directors and officers with leadership development and submit a slate of candidates for elections.
- EXECUTIVE - shall consist of the President, VicePresident, Secretary, Treasurer and the immediate past-president as ex officio member.
Current group membership follows:
- Outreach Jann Williams, Carolyn Sauer
- Web Site Stanley Backlund
- Communications Bill Burden
- Conservation Erik Holst, lead.
- Youth Education Barbara and Joe Bania
- Membership Stanley Backlund
- Nominations Lou Archuleta
- Fund Raising TBD
- Fly Tying and Casting Lew Archuletta
- Monofilament Collection Pat Barron
- Fishing/Georgetown Derby C P Johnston